Friday 22 July 2011

Friday Cake Bake enters The Twilight Zone

Just to say what time it is. PM. I am on to my second attempt to make Strawberry Verjuice Tart, which while high in effort did nonetheless manage eventually and successfully to exist last year!

I also feel the need to tell you that the suns have only just set. They did also set at their allotted time much earlier; did the whole lovely blonde haired boys thing of listening to their nightly chapter of Enid Blyton with Dad.

But then they decided they couldn't sleep and would build with blocks while I ignored them in determination to overcome collapsing pastry. Build with blocks, read books, talk nicely to each other- all things they have steadfastly refused to do during the day.

We did manage to start their summer Maths Revision booklets, walk to the post office (with bundles), write a thank you letter on time, and go to the cinema to see Kung Fu Panda 2. But why are the busy days often the worst? If we had just lain around and not fought the evil technology fight, I bet they would have been in bed dreaming of Finder Outers and my tart would be in the fridge right now. And I would be in bed too!

2 comments:

Pom Pom said...

Kung Fu Panda II seemed VERY long to me. Yes, those busy days do not always have the "fall into bed and dream" results we hope for, do they? I hope tart #2 turned out well!

Elderberry-Rob said...

Hope your tart turned out ok. I am thinking it's time to learn to bake better, my cake making is limited - but I am thinking school holidays is the time when cakes are in demand!

Time stands still

 Hello! Sending you all lots of love from Northern Ireland, where nothing much changes just as everything changes, as usual. Time has stood ...