Monday 14 February 2022

A game in two

We are in the Mourne mountains for a few days over half-term. Weather-wise today has definitely been a game in two halves! I have only once in my life been as wet in the hills as we all got today. And that first time was a New Year's Day, not the middle of pretend Spring!
Matt and I turned back and let the tallest and the youngest plough on for a spot of caving. And then as soon as we parted ways, the sun came out to stay!
I thought I'd be here until Wednesday which would give me time to wash and dry all my walking gear before heading to Scotland to stay with two friends, but then a weather warning of strong winds was published and all my outgoing plans fell into disarray.
So in fact I leave tomorrow to fly to an airport still quite far from where I want to be, to catch a train to a town closer to where I want to be, to catch another train to a smaller town much closer to where I want to be, and there, hopefully, will be a friendly face to gather me up!

This will be my first time in an airplane since these times of plague, and Northern Ireland is lifting all its restrictions tomorrow. For a convert to reclusivity, this is a stretch. Thus far x

 

7 comments:

Angela said...

Bon voyage!

M.K. said...

Safe travels to you! I hope this trip to Scotland is full of beauty, companionship, and rest.

Pom Pom said...

Whoa! That's a lot of travel (planes, trains, and automobiles!)
You'll have a lovely time when you get to the friends!
xoxo

GretchenJoanna said...

I love your photos! That second one, with the rainbow, is just dreamy...

Have a lovely trip and visit, Dear Mags! See you when you get back. <3

Lisa Richards said...

Hope you had a good trip! Yay for lifted restrictions! Beautiful countryside! :)

Pam said...

Hope you survived all that!!

Sandra at Thistle Cove Farm said...

OH THE TRAVELS!! I am envious!

Time stands still

 Hello! Sending you all lots of love from Northern Ireland, where nothing much changes just as everything changes, as usual. Time has stood ...