Thursday 1 August 2013

Views from my Windows

Welcome to Northern Ireland's default summer weather setting! For those of you still in need of hot drinks on a sunny day, Ang has some lovely TMOT tips for pretty flavour, but for views from Belfast suburbs on this first day of August, survey the rain, rain, rain!
Empty, dripping washing line; sad and dripping parasol! We have cut back the jungle that was a climbing but increasingly rogue rose tree and two self-seeded mystery saplings from the middle of the back fence. I think the roots of all will need to come out. As will the bamboo that PC transferred from its pot to the ground, just right of shot. I went out to cut some sprigs of vaguely pretty things this morning and realised that the bamboo is starting its bid for world domination.
Abandoned and dripping badminton net. Seems our badminton days may well have to remain in sunny Surrey!
Drip, drip, drip. The boys are happily occupied at an activity week, so have a huge sports hall to run around with lots of friends. Thankfully! I do hope that August is bringing some sunshine in through your windows- we will continue to look back wistfully on a super July!

7 comments:

Angela said...

Very sunny here today.
Next door's bamboo is definitely aiming to take over the close, judging by the shoots popping up our side of the fence.
blessings xx

Pom Pom said...

Oh my! Be of good cheer, dear Mags! I'm glad the boys have a place to run and have fun. The sun will shine again soon, I know it.
LOVE!

Jane and Chris said...

Our views match! We are having a Northern Ireland summer day today.It's still a bit dark under the clouds and trees to take my view pics. So dark that we have the lights on...it feels like winter(minus the snow but you know what I mean).
Jane x

M.K. said...

Bamboo is definitely all about world domination - haha! Have you ever been to a bamboo forest? We have a few over here, and I took the kids once years ago. Spooky. There seemed to be nothing else growing there.

I'm one of those odd birds who adore the rain. I love gray overcast days. I'll trade you!

Left-Handed Housewife said...

We have bamboo at the edges of our yard, and it's always trying to escape into the middle of the garden. You must keep an eye on it, or you'll find it growing in your kitchen sink!

Rain here today, too. We've had far too much rain this summer. I prefer partly cloudy days, where you get sun and relief from the sun. Too many overcast skies makes me feel a bit blah.

Glad the boys are having fun in spite of the weather!

xofrances

Elizabethd said...

Oooh, get rid of that bad bamboo, otherwise you will have pandas lurking.

GretchenJoanna said...

It's even been drizzly and cool here in our corner of "sunny California," so I am having the first of probably many cups of tea today. The tomatoes do NOT like this.

Time stands still

 Hello! Sending you all lots of love from Northern Ireland, where nothing much changes just as everything changes, as usual. Time has stood ...