Sunday 9 June 2013

Fretwork at dawn

I think I'm becoming obsessed with views from my windows, Jane! This is 4am yesterday morning... I could not sleep. Not a wink. Mattman had gone off to BB camp for the weekend. You can't see it here, but the leaves on the ends of those branches were translucent. It was a very magical wander round the house.
 You can just see the kettle boiling for some camomile tea.
 And here came a new day. And yes, he was fine. Home now, suitably dirty, exhausted, and fine.
So Nanny McPhee and I are blowing you a kiss from sunny Belfast, not as exciting as sunny Derry; good night and sleep well!

5 comments:

Jane and Chris said...

I can see the leaves shining. Fairy dust?
Jane x

Pom Pom said...

Nanny is looking extra bright and lovely! I have those occasional bouts of wakefulness, too.
I'm glad camp was good!

Scarlet said...

I too was up at 4am yesterday. It was wonderful to sit and listen to the dawn chorus which started around 3.30am ( just after KL got in from a night out!). I went back to bed after 4 but the alarm went off at 6.15am as we were going to do a carboot!

Left-Handed Housewife said...

Oh, how I love your Nanny McPhee blanket. But I hate not being able to sleep! I go through periods where I wake up around 2 and can't get back to sleep until 4. Next time, I'll grab my camera!

xofrances

Kezzie said...

I never think to try and enjoy being awake early in the morning. Sadly, I always view it in despair and stubbornly try to get back to sleep!x

Time stands still

 Hello! Sending you all lots of love from Northern Ireland, where nothing much changes just as everything changes, as usual. Time has stood ...