Friday 1 March 2013

Wind in the Willows Grand Tour of the Whole World Return Celebration Worldwide Tea-Party (and this week's Views!)


This time last year the Willows Boys were actually here in the Frozen North of Ireland. Little did Mole know when I took this photo in a very charming coffee shop that he was forty-five minutes away from being left all alone in the rainy street. Until after dusk...


Hopefully all bad memories will have been long eclipsed by the myriad adventures since! And today here we all are- see the list to your right- eating cake and drinking tea and smiling happily at the thought of three little characters travelling the world with their book. Circumnavigating the globe in a way that most of us will only dream of!


This morning the most fabuous four-month old Hannah came to Strawberry Land for its Tea-Party. Obviously she stole the show on the frock front! Red spots and stripes and cosy dress. I did not even compare!

We gave her a copy of the Wind in the Willows to read with Mummy when she gets a bit older. I am delighted to hear from Mummy that she started to devour it as soon as she got back home. For her first birthday I think we'll give her this for her library...


And for the marvellous mapley Jane here are some belated views from The Land.


I would like you to note one very significant difference in the environment.


And no, it has nothing to do with the still slightly forlorn For Sale sign!


12 comments:

Jane and Chris said...

Frankly,my dear, you are just You,my dear,are showing off with all your colour!
I was going to wear pink for the tea,but I simply cannot compete with Miss Hannah.
I just toasted all the Willow hosts/hostesses with a hot (alcohol free) toddy.Lemon juice, boiling water and ...why, maple syrup , of course!
Toot toot.
Jane x

Angela said...

Where is the playhouse??????

magsmcc said...

Where is the playhouse??? Oh no. Maybe it has gone off in search of the Willows!!

M.K. said...

That's an adorable baby you had come visit for your tea party, Mags! Your views are looking lovely. I don't see the piles of snow that I see in Pom Pom land. Aren't you glad? We are heading straight into spring here in coastal NC.

Jane and Chris said...

Gosh, the editing of the first sentence did not go well!
Jane x

Pom Pom said...

What a sweet guest you had at your tea party, Mags!
I can't figure out the picture question.
Shall I send Mr. Badger to your current address?

no spring chicken said...

Lovely. Tea with a baby.. my perfect day.

Blessings, Debbie

Catherine said...

Hello dear Mags...so sorry to have missed the party. Just couldn't manage to slip such a thing in to the timetable here this week. But you didn't show us YOUR tea party dress! Glad that you had a lovely time never-the-less. Yes indeed, babies must devour books most especially Willows volumes. Have a good week my friend..do hope that you do get to defrost one day! Much love Catherine x0x0x

Lisa Richards said...

Ah, to wear pink and red striped tights with a cozy red dress! Wish I could get by with that! Miss Hannah is so cute and she has wonderful "taste" in books!
Thanks for letting us see the view from your windows!
:D
Sipping my Walmart Yorkshire tea and enjoying the tea party scene!

The dB family said...

Leaves!! You have leaves!! We have snow. Still. As for Hannah and the Wind in the Willows, she takes devouring a book to a whole new height :o)! Hope to hear of a sold sign soon!

Blessings!
Deborah

debbie bailey said...

Enjoyed your post, Maggs! I'm headed now over to read about Pom Pom's tea party. See you soon on the muses.

libbyquilter said...

oh dear, i've taken 'late to the party' to whole new heights~!!~ my apologies.
it looks as though Hannah arrived right on time though and isn't she a cutie~!?

:-)
libbyQ

Time stands still

 Hello! Sending you all lots of love from Northern Ireland, where nothing much changes just as everything changes, as usual. Time has stood ...