Tuesday 1 November 2011

1st November 2011

I typed "portentious" into Google Images because I have been thinking all day that today had a most portentious feel about it. Significant in a muchly important but inexplicable way. However, 'twould appear that portentious is all broody and bad. So I typed in "potential" instead.

Now this is a word that I am coming to Despise, and will happily correspond thereon with anyone who has absolutely nothing else to do, even ironing. But the above made me Laugh Outrageously (if silently because I think they're all in bed now- why? Don't they know how portentious it all is today?)

So then I thought I'd try "Blessings" because that's what Angela always finishes with and she's so great. I think I'll just go to bed now too!

4 comments:

Pom Pom said...

Hmmm. That's an interesting word. My students are struggling with words like progression, digress, mobilize. We have to go slow with the Latin/Greek roots. YOU are a blessing, dear Mags!
Oh, yahoo! The Willows are on their way to the woods of Minnesota! Whew!

Mise said...

Despair Inc is very funny - I bought their demotivational book a few years ago and am thoroughly demotivated now. And I do like their customer service motto: "we're not satisfied till you're not satisfied". Back to my potential imaginary ironing now.

Angela said...

I shall have to check out this company.
Decluttering in readiness for houseguests is driving me to despair.
Are sad letters written in Despair Ink?

blessings [as usual!] x

Left-Handed Housewife said...

Oh, I do like the Potential poster very much. Must check out this company! I am preparing myself for Jack's mediocre report card and wondering if sometimes maybe mediocre is enough, especially when you're twelve and everything seems very, very dim and unpromising in general. Will let you know what I decide.

xofrances

Time stands still

 Hello! Sending you all lots of love from Northern Ireland, where nothing much changes just as everything changes, as usual. Time has stood ...