Saturday 1 January 2011

11pm on 1.1.11

Despite embracing the New Year in A & E of Sick Children's with a stoically unlachrymose strawberry (not pictured), we have had an Enid Blytonially idyllic week together!

I think it was the "together" bit that was the best! That and the food, with which I was quite, quite pleased.

We were blessed to have had only one small and mercifully short encounter with the now exposed and inadequate infrastructure of the frozen North, and did genuinely enjoy making do and carrying on in our small little corner of Snowed In.

Misty, grey days (and Narnia, and a great book, and my dad's Best Curry in the World) have followed the thaw, but we're stepping quietly into 2011 here. Quietly hopeful, quietly faithful, quietly ecstatically happy. Together!

Happy New Year!

7 comments:

Pom Pom said...

Hello Dear! I love the picture of the boys in the mist! You're cute, too! I missed One Day when I finished it. Missed Emma.
Your little pies are beautiful!

Left-Handed Housewife said...

Happy New Year, Mags! We too have had a lovely week, and I've enjoyed the togetherness and the food (the food perhaps a bit too much). I hope 2011 is a wonderful year for you and your family.

xofrances

Elizabethd said...

Wishing you a very happy and healthy new year.

Simone said...

I hope everyone is well now! Happy New Year to you and your family. x

Gumbo Lily said...

Beautiful little tarts! I always love the food too. The snow! Quite a snow for you, yes?

Jody

Angela said...

Happy New Year to you all
Our families are keeping the A&E departments in business!!

*❀* said...

awww....apart from the A&E bit it does sound and look idyllic, very Narniaish indeed.
i am not sure you will recognise me as millie meadowsweet, but you may just possibly remember me from my previous incarnation as skipping in the meadow. yes, i'm back! this time for for keeps (i hope) and its so lovely to see you this new year :o) i've missed yooooou. your pics are cute btw and so snowily pretty.
wishing you a super sparkly, happy, healthy new year

love and hugs millie (sumea ;o)

xxx

Time stands still

 Hello! Sending you all lots of love from Northern Ireland, where nothing much changes just as everything changes, as usual. Time has stood ...