Tuesday 2 February 2010

Bolts from Books


First outstanding quote of yesterday: His mother is not a good housewife," one of the women claims. "Their house is shabby and dirty. She's lazy and doesn't stay home."

Second outstanding quote of yesterday: If only they would read a little Dickens or Kipling they would soon discover there was more to life than cheating people and watching television. One cannot help thinking of recent media storms here in this little Northern land...

I am therefore going to send on this fabulous and most appreciated award to:

Gordon Brown, Brian Cowen, Peter Robinson, Martin McGuinness and, my own MLA (I think?!), Sammy Wilson.

I'll have to list my five favourite things tomorrow, as I appear to have some interesting people to find now...

1 comment:

Catherine said...

maybe the award will inspire them....or maybe not!! I'm not cynical...or am I?

Time stands still

 Hello! Sending you all lots of love from Northern Ireland, where nothing much changes just as everything changes, as usual. Time has stood ...