Thursday 22 November 2012

Happy Feasting

Dear American friends,

Who knew when they embarked on their blogging adventure what new lands and adventures and friends were there for the experiencing? Maybe the Pilgrim Fathers felt much the same. I did my best to explain the Thanksgiving story on our walk to school this morning, and tonight we have been engaged in some cultural research.  We have eaten turkey in your honour too! In our listing of things to be thankful for I said I was grateful for my American blog friends who bring such deeply interesting ideas and images, and with them such kindness, right here into Strawberry Land. Thank you, and may your Feast have been fine x

(ps I suppose those sweet potatoes with marshmallows wouldn't travel very well?)


6 comments:

Left-Handed Housewife said...

I fear that sweet potato casserole wouldn't travel well at all.

Your American blogging friends are thankful for you, Mags, this one most of all!

xofrances

Pom Pom said...

Yay! We had a lovely feast and now I'm tired. I wish it was time to go to bed!

Buttercup said...

Thanks for your good wishes. Had a wonderful day with friends and lots of yummy goodies.

Angela said...

And thankful for all our blogfriends- in the USA and all round the world!

Fat Dormouse said...

I have a turkey joint in the fridge - maybe I should roast it tonight! Although we don't have Thanksgiving here, I'd just like to say that I'm thankful too for blogging friernds around the world.

Gumbo Lily said...

Thank you, Maggs for the lovely Feast blessings. Ours was jolly! I'm thankful for my bloggy friends all around, and that includes you.

Time stands still

 Hello! Sending you all lots of love from Northern Ireland, where nothing much changes just as everything changes, as usual. Time has stood ...