Sunday 5 June 2011

On Day 5 I made (second edition)

Jane Brocket scones. For tea. On a rainy Sunday evening after two circuits of skipping (most therapeutic) round Botanic Gardens Playpark, and a quick scoot round the Museum. Nice!




But then, later this evening, my friend Anne called to show me the AMAZING quilt that she has finished. Twelve months of the year in intricate artistry.


I liked July best- birthday girl gets money while being told, "Be honest" and the material behind the words is adorned with tiny, juicy strawberries!

6 comments:

Catherine said...

Yum! Cx

Pom Pom said...

The quilt IS gorgeous! Scones? Yes, please!

Elizabethd said...

Both scones and quilt look lovely!

Angela said...

how can I ATTEMPT to make things in the light of such stunning creativity ?? Your scones look delicious!

[PS quilt is pretty amazing too!]

quilterliz said...

G'day. Seeing this quilt brought a smile to my face as I have made the same pattern, though in a different colourway. It is at the quilters waiting for her to put it on the longarm quilting machine and finish it off for me. My quilting lady is a good friend and runs a business,so I usually have to wait to get mine done as friends seem to differ from her other customers !! The scones look YUM. Take care. Liz...

Gumbo Lily said...

I was just thinking about making scones or biscuits. Yours look delish. The quilt is amazing!

Jody

Time stands still

 Hello! Sending you all lots of love from Northern Ireland, where nothing much changes just as everything changes, as usual. Time has stood ...