Thursday 30 June 2011

Day 30: It is finished!

Phew! Thirty days of making things- I'm sure it didn't at all count if you just made lots of the same thing over and over again, but some of us just don't have Angela's versatility of craft!

We were all very pleased with the results, however! I would hasten to add that there were nearly as many bottles of wine as apples, and we went clinking into school this morning in a hideously inappropriate way for the nice, local Primary School!

Other things are finishing with the month as well. I think that being a very part-time term-time Information assistant at the nice, local University library (it's a nice, local suburb, really!) disqualifies you as a REAL stay-at-home mother, but there will be no more structured (regularly paid) teaching for the foreseeable future.

What I have loved about crocheting masses of apple cosies, has been the reassuring sense of moving gently around and around a growing reflection of the turning earth, the revolving seasons, the time for everything. My first attempt in the month of making was an attempt to recall the possibilities in creation from someone who most assuredly knows what He is making. My last attempts will be showcased tomorrow- one month over, the new one starts.

Most importantly, it's the holidays for us all as of 12.15 today, which can only mean one thing- down to the library for this year's Summer Reading Challenge!

10 comments:

Mise said...

Busy busy you. That photo of the apple cosies is beautiful, and I'm delighted to hear about the clinking. Indeed, I could only be more delighted if I heard the clinking myself.

Catherine said...

You have had a very industrious month...I could not keep up!! Clink up the hill please instead of down!! Cx

Left-Handed Housewife said...

You have made so many apples so happy. Bless you. Now go and enjoy your holidays!

xofrances

Pom Pom said...

Wow! Your cozies are gorgeous and YOU are gorgeous and wonderful. Happy Holiday!

Elderberry-Rob said...

Impressive! better than the Mollie Makes cover! such pretty colours and such a lot of patience to make to so many. Well done!

Lyndelou said...

As the recipient of one of those cosy clinking gifts, I can say they are even more beautiful in real life. Given that I was SO part-time in the same class as your own sweet boy - I never expected but am truly chuffed with mine. Enjoy the holidays - you have definitely been a busy lady!

magsmcc said...

Well, Lyndelou, so thick is the mother of my own sweet boy that I only twigged that Mrs Lyndelou was you until I read the lovely thank you note you sent home! Oh my word- too much circular crocheting, perhaps? Goldfish bowl syndrome?

Angela said...

I am so impressed by all those cosies. My crochet has not progressed beyond a simple chain.
And at least you have kept up the creativity for 30 days.
be proud of yourself - you are our heroine, fighting for a Safe Crossing For Our Children.
They make statues of women like you, who change history and improve society. [I never saw a statue to a woman who dressed teddybears]
blessings x

Gumbo Lily said...

Sweet apple cozies. I didn't know apples needed cozying, but they sure are cute as can be. Thirty Days of creating is quite an accomplishment.

Happy Holidays...Jody

quilterliz said...

G'day. I have never seen an apple cozy before, but your ones are so cute. 30 days of creating and crafting is no mean feat. That's a great achievement. I don't think I could manage that at the best of times. Well done. Take care. Liz...

Time stands still

 Hello! Sending you all lots of love from Northern Ireland, where nothing much changes just as everything changes, as usual. Time has stood ...