Friday 17 June 2011

Day 17: I made it!

I made it to the end of today- this is cause for great celebration; please have even a little whoop of something on my behalf! After work we made gingerbread men. (The flying elephant is so Chagall, n'est-ce pas? Not to mention the dancing Matisse lady on the right!!)

Then we played Junior Scrabble, and I made it to the end of Divorcing Jack in between goes! Then I made it eventually to Book Club, Divorcing Jack ringing in my ears as I drove. Not quite hot off the press- in fact, when we met Colin Bateman last night I felt quite sheepish when he asked which book we were reading for tonight, and we said Divorcing Jack (published in 1994) and he said, "Oh. The first one."

It has been a veritable rollercoaster of a day in my land- I do hope your weekend is beginning with much more peace and tranquillity! And speaking of peace and tranquillity (Yeats reference alert) tomorrow I must arise and go then, and go into town to find a fabulous Father's Day present. No. I'm not making one! If I make up the paper bunting for my giveaway I shall be extremely satisfied- last chance to comment here!

3 comments:

Pom Pom said...

You are amazing with a capital A!
Well done! You SHOULD celebrate the busy peopled days. They are an investment in eternity!

GretchenJoanna said...

Darling gingerbread people! Your days are so full, like a whirlwind -- but not really, because at the end of them an orderly scene is revealed, in which lovely things have been created and loved humans have been cared for. It sounds more like the breathing of the Holy Spirit.

Elderberry-Rob said...

yummy! you did work hard with the gingerbread. Bettyx

Time stands still

 Hello! Sending you all lots of love from Northern Ireland, where nothing much changes just as everything changes, as usual. Time has stood ...