Thursday 23 February 2012

The Willows (may) have landed!

It is so spring-like today that the down jacket has not been out of the house and I wore shoes instead of boots for the first time since September! So, for their third country and second continent I am deciding that we can call this their third season of travels! I think the Willows may be on the island of Ireland! As I was out today, however, I missed the nice man in a van from Royal Mail who left his calling card. The only package I'm expecting is one full of a Grand Tour of the Whole World so I shall be going back to my nice friend on the hilltop tomorrow.

Hopefully a night's incarceration will not seem too much of an anti-climax after a trans-Atlantic flight and their daring escape from North Carolina- but I fear I will have much making up to do! Oh the pressure- below the highlights of their American Adventures- with joyous thanks to their hostesses!

Fast cars and a loose (Barbie) woman in Canada.

Churning butter in Oregon, amidst palatial splendour.

Back to beloved willows- but in Minnesota they are mystical ancient swamp willows!

Pooh Sticks in Appalachian mountain streams, and another charming young lady.

Fast cars and a glimpse of home at DISNEYLAND, FLORIDA for Christmas.

Held hostage in North Carolina. Biblical nature of escape most pleasing! For a full reminder of their adventures hitherto click on the links at the top right of fraise. Look out, County Antrim- here they come!

7 comments:

Jen said...

Such fun!

Angela said...

Oh goodness - that means your place, then K&Cs, and then here. I shall have to do some more tidying up, quickly. I am in no way 'guest ready' here at the minute. Planning for new job seems to be consuming every spare moment.

Please ensure the trio have a good long stay in NI.

Thank you!

Pom Pom said...

Woo hoo! Glad they (might have) made it to Belfast!

Left-Handed Housewife said...

Not a cage made that can hold those boys--nor a laundry basket, for that matter. Glad they made it across the Atlantic!

xofrances

Lisa Richards said...

Can hardly wait to hear of their adventures in Ireland, which is a place of great mystery for some of us less-travelled types! :D

Kim said...

so cute how you recapped! They came to visit me in...
they were fun guest...
have fun.. : )

The dB family said...

Oh the adventures they have had! I'm glad they are no longer incarcerated and get to enjoy the Emerald Isle.

Blessings!
Deborah

Time stands still

 Hello! Sending you all lots of love from Northern Ireland, where nothing much changes just as everything changes, as usual. Time has stood ...