Saturday 4 February 2012

Hooks amid books

Is it snowing where you are? Gosh, the weather from England does look wintry! But still snowless here. Lots of cold rain and grey skies, I gather from the safety of windows, not having been out all day! Did I ripple? No. Did I read? Well, yes, a bit. I finished The Blessing this morning while men were at rugby and I had gone back to bed with two croissants and a refusal to open curtains. Mostly since then I have avoided the presence of copious boys and school-friends playing hide and seek all over the house!

My utter lack of ripple progress was plainly seen on Wednesday night. Three of us are crocheting at breaktime now. Patricia is our guru, and Heather Boss claimed to be the novice. However, I think we can agree that I am sternly in the catch-up category, given that HB's blanket (hanging below my sad attempt) is now finished and she was that night working on its successor, and Patricia's blanket is actually her third project since we all started hookery in the bookery shortly before Christmas.

Come on, Mags, give yourself a shake!

10 comments:

Angela said...

Snow has stopped here but is lying thick on the ground. Freezing and fog forecast for tomorrow. Suspecting numbers will be down at church.

I may make a snowman if I can find a willing helper. Can you put the suns on the next plane over please?

magsmcc said...

Angela, do not tempt me. Get thee behind me, or I shall be packing bags forthwith!

Scarlet said...

No snow here - just cold, rainy and windy. So cold that the rain is freezing as it hits the ground so we have ice underfoot. Yuk.

Gill - That British Woman said...

barely any snow here in my part of Canada, a very strange winter we are having!!

Gill in Canada

GretchenJoanna said...

Hookery in the bookery, not rippling, copious boys -- Your posts are charmingly challenging and/or send me to chortling, Mags. Snow or no, croissants in bed, with the crochet hook somewhere nearby, sounds just right for the cold weather.

Pom Pom said...

You should come crochet with me. You'd feel like a true pro. I am slow as a snail with the ripples.
We had so much snow! I even got a snow day! Yahoo!

Elderberry-Rob said...

Your ripple looks beautiful.All the crochet looks warm, woolly and creative. What's the hurry anyway? We had snow last night, this morning it's Narnia in the woods and I can't wait to get out there. Bettyx

Elizabethd said...

Staying in bed with croissants and Nancy Mitford is preferable to getting up on a snowy day!

Pomona said...

Stay in bed and keep warm would be my recommendation - and I can't ripple at all, so I am very impressed with any sort of progress!

Pomona x

The dB family said...

No snow here either. It's been a very snowless winter. I love that you do your hookery in the bookery, but are you not tempted to read? I would be so torn. Perhaps that's why I don't get half as much accomplished as I could. Focussss. I have so little of it. Your ripples are fantastic. You will get it done when you are ready.

Blessings!
Deborah

Time stands still

 Hello! Sending you all lots of love from Northern Ireland, where nothing much changes just as everything changes, as usual. Time has stood ...