Monday 3 June 2013

Monday Thanks 763 - 787

I am very thankful for the fabulous weather we had last week. Lovely! It is today so dull that I have the lights on in the dining room to mark. Both my nice summer tops are now in the washing machine, ready to packed away for next May! Sandals are safe from wear and tear for another year! 

Speaking of marking, I am nearly half-way through, and feeling most relieved about that. Thank you for bloggistes' kind wishes x I am admittedly just over half way through my time to mark, so thank you for the impetus that working under pressure brings!
Thank you for the full house we had this whole weekend, and for all the hours we spent catching up with good folk. Thank you for food and wine and chocolate and all such delights. Thank you for princes who will go to the supermarket with child and bring back the goods.

Thank you indeed for children. Thank you for their health and vitality and creativity and fun. Thank you for their energy and inquisitiveness. I am sure that this pushing of the boundaries thing that we are struggling with just now is very normal and a sign of something constructive. Thank you for faith- being sure of what we hope for, and certain of what we do not see!
Thank you for the friends who help me to hold it all together. Who come down and sit beside me while I make the invites and send the email and create the facebook page! Who will drop everything and come to town with me just to keep me company in the buying of piano books! They know me so well! Thank you for groups of creative women who include me in their doings, and furnish me with things to look forward to- so thank you for Hookery's first birthday party on Wednesday, Book Club on Friday, and Creative Arts and Spirituality in September. I am blessed x

6 comments:

Elderberry-Rob said...

ooh new look blog - I like it! I went out today and forgot my jacket - was so cold I walked round the shops in an old ikea throw - got some funny looks, even when the sunshine does come it's a trick, as it's accompanied by a freezing wind!

Left-Handed Housewife said...

Are you really done with summer, Mags? So soon? Well, come over here, because we have months of heat in front of us.

Sounds like a lovely weekend, especially the chocolate part!

xofrances

Elizabethd said...

Summer may yet return!

Angela said...

ooh - your toenails match mine!

M.K. said...

Nice toesies!! Now, surely you jest when you say that summer is past and your sandals and light blouses are packed away. No!

You mentioned little boys pushing boundaries. When my kids (esp. boys) were venturing out of little childhood and skirting the edge of adolescence, I thought of them as caterpillars struggling to wriggle free of their restraints because it was a natural stage of development. Indeed it was essential to their developing the strength needed later. Don't know if that helps, but it's a nifty analogy, yes? haha :)

Pom Pom said...

You are blessed and you are a blessing to so many. You say good things about people.

Time stands still

 Hello! Sending you all lots of love from Northern Ireland, where nothing much changes just as everything changes, as usual. Time has stood ...