Tuesday 4 June 2013

Coming soon

This is not Jo's minibeast hotel homework for Friday. It is the picture at which we looked for a long time before emptying the recycle bin and pruning some bamboo! I'll show you his version tomorrow!  For the snail enthusiasts I would stress that all minibeasts will be restored to the wilds of the playground, with the snails, after the project...

Marking is nearly halfway- hooray. You'd think with such a lot still to do I wouldn't have wandered all around Belfast in the sun for most of this morning with Niqi, but hey ho, there you go! Thank you for the kind offer of summer accommodation, Frances, but it would appear that the weather has decided to give us another week of glorious, so don't clear out The Attic just yet.

I am thinking of having a competition to celebrate the end of the marking- what do you think? A strawberries and cream celebrating holidays sort of a thing? Yes, I think that would be fine. Like the weather. And the minibeast hotel.

5 comments:

Jane and Chris said...

What an amazing habitat!
Jane x

Pom Pom said...

You definitely need to celebrate the end of all that marking!
Those lucky Irish snails!

Pam said...

Oh, sorry that I didn't like H Fry. I did at first, but after a while I got really quite uncomfortable with the endless descriptions of his yachting shoes (buy some proper books, you silly man; you'll get blood poisoning from those blisters!) And then all those extra characters who joined him and then vanished seemed a bit pointless. And I just found it all totally unconvincing - yes, I suppose it was supposed to be a fable or Pilgrim's Progress or something but then it was sort of slightly comical-ish in style so that didn't seem to me to mesh. And once we met the woman in the home and found that she was hugely disfigured and unable to communicate - too horrible. I was so pleased when it was finished.

Most of my book group agreed with me but a couple were very enthusiastic, so - tastes vary!

Pam said...

But I love CC Farm!

Thistle Cove Farm said...

it's beautiful, Mags, and looks like it's so useful.

Time stands still

 Hello! Sending you all lots of love from Northern Ireland, where nothing much changes just as everything changes, as usual. Time has stood ...