Friday 15 March 2013

Things

It's been a quiet week in Strawberry Land, probably because I have succombed to lurgy and my throat is too sore to shout. Mattman got back from his trip safe, sound and happy last week and is still full of tales and excitement.
 Jo finally got to go to football club as an unashamed bribe to keep up his music.
Prince Charming continues to be patient and charming and has not uttered one word of protest when I have woken him in the middle of the night for painkillers and orange juice. I think I may have milked this cold quite well enough now.
And all the squares of Nanny McPhee seem suddenly and wonderfully to be completed. Next week will see the journey into joining, but for now it's a little daily ceremony of pinning and steaming.
Bon weekend, fine bloggistes. I trust you have your Guinness in, or at least some stew on the go, for Sunday x

7 comments:

El Perro Blanco said...

Bad news about the throat - but fab, fab, fab for the 'squares'. They look so good all together - have you decided where each of them will sit in the final masterpiece?

Pom Pom said...

Oh yes! Stew! I guess Badger won't get there in time. He isn't mailed! Soon!

One year I ate so much Irish Soda Bread that I was overcome with intense nausea for days. I won't do that again.

I'm hoping you are all well. Your Nanny McPhee blanket is stunning, Mags! I love it! Well done, brilliant crocheter!

Left-Handed Housewife said...

Love the squares! Laid out all together, they look like a patchwork quilt and are quite beautiful.

So sorry about your throat! I hope you're feeling better soon.

xofrances

Angela said...

I must dig out my Guinness pie recipe. Do get 100% well again soon, won't you!
Those crochet squares look awesome!
blessings and hugs xx

Kezzie said...

Oh dear re bad throat but how awesome are these crocheted squares!!!!x

Thistle Cove Farm said...

The Nanny McPhee is lovely and sure to bring good cheer and, possibly, good health to all who nestle under. One of the saddest, to me anyway, things about Dave not being here is there's no one to care if I become sick. So I stay well -smile-.

The dB family said...

I think you gave me your cold ;o). As that could be achieved across the miles. I hope you're well again. Such pretty grannies. I have yet to master a granny square. Perhaps someday.

Blessings!
Deborah

Time stands still

 Hello! Sending you all lots of love from Northern Ireland, where nothing much changes just as everything changes, as usual. Time has stood ...