Saturday 30 March 2013

A Happy McPhee Easter weekend


There has been much God activity in the house, as would be only right and proper. But please let me just show you McPhee!  All her squares are joined up, and I am now sewing in lots of ends and starting to work the edging.


Prince Charming facilitated the final stages with breakfast in bed and photo shoot.


McPhee might just as well be called the Polyfilla Blanket, so great has been the need for improvising blocks and joins!

This was the final chunk, joining the penultimate square to the last custom-sized trio, referred to affectionately as the shamrock set.


And here for those of you who like the Strawberry Scale of |Measurement are those for whom I really must tear myself away and hide eggs...

Have a super rest of your Easter weekend. I would highly recommend a Lenten blanket project for the quiet perusal of important things. Especially if it happens to be the coldest Lent in many years!

12 comments:

Elderberry-Rob said...

The blanket looks great - have a very special, spiritual and renewing Easter - Betty

Pom Pom said...

Hooray! I love the McPhee blanket and I want to make one now!
Your little pony tail is just like mine.
Happy Easter, Mags!

Gumbo Lily said...

McPhee is simple adorable! I love the varied shapes and sizes and colors. Joyful is what it is.

Happy Easter!

El Perro Blanco said...

Wow - this looks even more gorgeous every time I see it. So you'll be living on the edge for the next while then.

Angela said...

Oh brilliant, beautiful rainbow of colours...Joyful Eastertide, the Son is risen xx

Fat Dormouse said...

That is a lovely blanket, Fraise. It is not lachrymose at all, but full of colour, joy and LOVE

Thistle Cove Farm said...

Mags, it's delightful! Hoping your Easter was joyful and filled with glimpses of glory.

debbie bailey said...

It's turned out very nice! I love how colorful it is. So you're a blonde? I've tried imagining what you look like. Are you also tall?

The dB family said...

I am very impressed! I tried to learn granny squares this weekend and still can't get them figured out. I have a bit of a disadvantage though in that I am left-handed. My MIL who is also left-handed, ironically crochets right-handed and therefore even she can't teach me. Guess I'll have to stick to knitting.

Blessings!
Deborah

Pam said...

I'm giggling at the "are you tall?" question because I know the answer.

Lovely blanket!

Jenny said...

Wow! This is really neat! I love the almost modern 'old-fashioned' feel of your work!

Sandra at Thistle Cove Farm said...

I ADORE that blanket! and love Nanny McPhee!

Time stands still

 Hello! Sending you all lots of love from Northern Ireland, where nothing much changes just as everything changes, as usual. Time has stood ...