Wednesday 6 March 2013

A Spring Thing

I've been very busy, busy, deliberately busy all morning. We saw him off- confession coming soon- I went home for a cuppa with another mum, I called quickly with another another mum, I made soup, I prepared my French class and I will now clean the bathroom. My first-born son is as I type somewhere on the North Coast and spent his last several hours before departure telling us all, with relish, that he wouldn't see any of us until Friday.


So I Googled March in Images. Just in the need of seeing something pretty and now and interesting. I found this project on Joy's Hope. It seems to be a 365 photo project and I'm not at all good enough at photography for those, but when I looked at the words for April I was completely hooked, in the non-crochet sense.


We have some serious parties coming up in April so I'm excited about the 8th, 13th, 19th and 20th. And 7 is hilariously appropriate. So I'm going to have a go at Joy's April Photo-a-Day. It gives me something else to think about, when utter amazement threatens to take over.

The Confession- it was all a bit of a muddle in front of the school, waiting for the medical person teacher to arrive and hand over a little bag and check that she was taking two necessary kits. And I was concerned about Jo and how upset he is, so I sent Matt off to give Jo a big hug in the playground, and then he was gone! And that was it. And I didn't even say, "Bye-bye; have a great time!" He was already having it!

6 comments:

Gabe said...

It's hard on a mamas heart when they don't look back isn't it? But, (and that as a really big but, it's good and right and just the way it should be...but not easy. Definitely not easy!

Pom Pom said...

God be with sweet Matthew. Cheers for Jo and his time with his mummy.
Here's to another cup of tea. LOVE!

Jane and Chris said...

I DO hope you will be combining the two on Thursday's views!
Jane x

Floss said...

Absolutely - he's already having his good time! It's a rite of passage for you, as well as for him though, isn't it?

The dB family said...

How is it that our children are always ready to move on before we are? Both those photo a day months sound fun!

Blessings!
Deborah

Thistle Cove Farm said...

And you should have told him, "And we won't see YOU until Friday either!"
That is, if you could see through your tears.

Time stands still

 Hello! Sending you all lots of love from Northern Ireland, where nothing much changes just as everything changes, as usual. Time has stood ...