Wednesday 27 March 2013

Holidays, apparently


To mark the end of term this afternoon, we had some Bun Fun and all our kind friends put lots of money, more than just the suggested coin, into the tin, and we have £145 for Allergy NI.  Thank-you, all...

It feels curiously unlike the start of a school holiday.  We have done all the usual things. Found enough clean clothes for a non-uniform day. Happily thrown school bags in a dim and dusty corner. Taken in home-made teacher presents that were decidedly wonky, but filled with chocolate in a compensation attempt. I will confess myself happy with this level of wonk- so much so that I am going to put the pattern I used on Hookery right after I finish drinking tea with you here!

And after that I am going to devote myself entirely to McPhee. I suppose that too means it's the holidays- no homework, uniforms or lunch-boxes to consider. Maybe the suns will even be sunny, and not fight. Not fight all the time. Not fight before lunchtime tomorrow....


5 comments:

Left-Handed Housewife said...

Just had to tell you that the quilt picture I posted yesterday is a quilt I'm making for the end of the year, and the end of our tenure at Our Fine Lower School (Will's off to Our Fine Middle School next year). Don't want anyone to feel like I'm outdoing them on Easter gifts, especially since a) I don't actually give the boys' teachers Easter gifts and b) even if I did, they wouldn't be half as cute as yours!

xofrances

Pom Pom said...

Frances is so funny! You are the SWEETEST school mama to give lovely Easter gifts to teachers. Really.

Jane and Chris said...

I bought Easter gifts for myself today. Is that terribly naughty?
Jane x

Gumbo Lily said...

Oh! I see Cadbury in the (adorable) baskets! I think the British Cadbury is better than our American Cadbury. Hershey makes ours. It doesn't make yours, does it?

Happy Easter Rest.

Jenny said...

What neat baskets! I've never seen them made like that! And I love the look of all the treats in there!

Time stands still

 Hello! Sending you all lots of love from Northern Ireland, where nothing much changes just as everything changes, as usual. Time has stood ...