Monday 4 March 2013

A Pause in Lent



Fast from judging others; Feast on the Christ dwelling within them.

Fast from anger; Feast on patience.

Fast from unrelenting pressures; feast on unceasing prayer.

Fast from lethargy; Feast on enthusiasm.

I'm nipping onto the keyboard between all sorts of jobs, and before going upstairs to see if we can still squeeze in a story. Matt goes on his first ever away-from-home-without-us -for-two-nights school trip on Wednesday and Icannot find any of his vests, and Jo has clearly lost 66.6% of his school sweatshirts. I wanted to grab as relevant a handful of these wonderful Lenten lines as I could while it's still today, but actually I'm going upstairs now with the last one ringing in my head like a gong.  It's good to be joining Floss' Pauses in Lent.

6 comments:

Pom Pom said...

Oh you ARE a busy mama, Mags. I hope the sleep away is wonderful and I'll pray for a surge of energy for you.

Floss said...

Oh yes, clothes lost at school... tell me about it. The stay away should be fantastic - we've just got Son 2 home from a few nights skiing, and they always seem a little bit more grown up by the time they get home... I'm glad the poem continues to be useful in its own way. Go Mags!

Angela said...

Praying for you, for all the energy you need, especially for the finding and packing of clothes!!

AND did you realise the little girl on the right of the pick is THE great Mary Berry, National Treasure?? That pic was taken by her Dad on a family holiday and won a competition. It's recently been revived by the card company.

You are so "on-trend" - and you don't even know it, Mags!!

blessings xx

Kezzie said...

You are very busy! Yes, you are doing well with that enthusiasm, keep going!!!! I spend my life searching for lost items! Even my children at school know that about me! They find it funny!x

The dB family said...

I hope you were able to have a relaxing weekend. Love those Lenten works. I'm going to have to write them into my journal.

Blessings!
Deborah

Thistle Cove Farm said...

I'm afraid to pray for patience. Do you think that's a double sin?
grin.

Time stands still

 Hello! Sending you all lots of love from Northern Ireland, where nothing much changes just as everything changes, as usual. Time has stood ...