Thursday 4 September 2014

First Views from an Autumnal Meadowplace

I woke up in the spare room this morning. A beautifully misty morn nearly compensated for a night of bed swapping. I live in hope that one of us will grow out of this soon!
You just can't see the golden sky. But it was golden! There's one little pear on the one little pear tree out there.
Conkers are starting to fall from the chestnut tree up in the corner. Mattman wants to line his windowsill with them, and Jo is filling a vase.
Same view from my room, when I had re-united myself therewith. Can you see the cows? They were very quiet this morning. Obviously also enjoying the bodings of a fine day.
This is Mattman's new school route. He cuts through the university campus just below us which joins a little lane down to his new school. I drove him to the lane this morning. Heavy bags after a week of new routine are starting to take their toll!
And this is part of my new-ish school route. Next month I will have been a classroom assistant for a whole year.
The view coming home. Where the leafy suburbs open out onto Belfast lough and you bask in the splendour of a genuinely hot and sunny day. I went for a walk to the post box when I got home. I wore my shorts and a summer top. It was a pretty exceptional way to start Autumn!

6 comments:

Pom Pom said...

Hi Mags! I love your new views! I'm so glad the weather was warm today. I remember all that bed swapping. I could sleep anywhere then.
Happy school beginnings to you!

Jane and Chris said...

It feels like summer here too,nearly 30C today. We were chopping logs for winter.Ironic or what?!
Jane x

Kezzie said...

Oooh, such lovely views!!! X

Elderberry-Rob said...

Conkers already! I like the bed swap idea, fun! not sure my men would as they like their own cosy beds though.

M.K. said...

You have such a peaceful, beautiful yard, Mags. Sorry about the bad night's sleep :(

GretchenJoanna said...

I have our version of conkers on my windowsill from several years ago. Our buckeye tree is one of the few trees I don't like, because its leaves turn brown early and spoil the green summer views. But I do like the nuts for show.

Time stands still

 Hello! Sending you all lots of love from Northern Ireland, where nothing much changes just as everything changes, as usual. Time has stood ...