Sunday 4 March 2012


I'm still going with my intention to bring you a Rend song for every Sunday in Lent- but have run out of official youtube possibilities, so I'm recommending you listen to Find Your Kindness this week- there is a guy on youtube who has it as a background to his video on working in Kenya!

It struck me last week during my little dip into Community life, that actually I'm not entirely bad at it, but I am poor at being gracious in the face of the things that really push my buttons.

So I'm glad that so many of Floss's Pausers are thinking about kindness this week. It has been much on my mind, which has been mulling over my inability to stay uncross sometimes. I had wondered if I couldn't recite "When you're cross, be kind" to myself. At least then I wouldn't maybe put my foot in it quite as often as I do! And the strawberries might be less lachrymose too!

5 comments:

The dB family said...

We seem to be thinking on similar topics. I've been mulling on how to do hospitality since I finished reading a book on it in late January. No action on it here yet though.

Blessings!
Deborah

Pom Pom said...

When I am tired, that's when I'm at a loss as to how to go out and love others. It's hard to give ourselves any kind of grace, but He gives generously. Whew.
These earthly bodies need rest. You do so much, Mags. You are always embracing the beauty of people and relationships. I wish you a nap, tucked under your pretty ripples.

Elderberry-Rob said...

It's hard to keep it up all the time, we are only human, I get days when I am brimming with kindness and goodwill but then that's it for the week! It's human nature to look after number one and I get cross when I am taken away from my own pursuits - interruptions during a painting attempt is a good example - I must try harder with the anger management too!

Gumbo Lily said...

When I'm cranky, it usually means I need a nap too. Is there any remedy for what ails you much better than a nap? I think not.

Floss said...

Thanks for this - what really resonates for me is the way you consider how much changing yourself could change your children too. I have found that to be so incredibly true. I've got so far to go, but God's grace so far has made me a more mellow mum of more mellow children. SUCH a nice thing to be!

Time stands still

 Hello! Sending you all lots of love from Northern Ireland, where nothing much changes just as everything changes, as usual. Time has stood ...