Monday 29 April 2019

Thank you, bloggers of this beautiful bloggy world.

This is, I promise, the last shameless flaunt of our little book this week! (On the blog... One reserves the right to be shameless on farcebook.)

There are lots of things I love about blogging, and one of them is the universality of the thing. Knowing that all across this wide and wonderful world, physical and virtual, there are women who sound a bit like me, hugging their cups of tea and trying to be happy.

Another thing is the kindness of bloggers: the lovely comments, the thoughtful emails, even the visits when they so incredibly manage to happen. And so many times over the last ten years have there been letters and gifts and advice and such love.

So huge gratitude tonight to the five of you who read a crazy email about a year ago and signed up with such generosity of spirit to a project that wasn't even on your landmass!

Alison at View from the Teapot; Angela at Tracing Rainbows; M.K. at Through a Glass, Darkly; Pom Pom at Pom Pom's Ponderings; and Sandra at Thistle Cove Farm. From the States to France via England!

I have to warn you five that you may be about to hear from some of the supportive folk who have been buying the book. I'd be interested to hear if you do hear from anyone! We've decided to have a little competition to see who can get the most contributors' signatures by the end of this year. There will be a prize!

Back to normality next time, whatever normal is around here, although I must also say that, incredibly, I may be meeting two bloggers in person, in the real world, very soon. These are very exciting times just now in the Meadowplace!

5 comments:

Sandra at Thistle Cove Farm said...

Mags, it was a privilege and I'm delighted to be so honored; thank you. Sandra at Thistle Cove Farm

Lisa Richards said...

I'm excited to receive my copy! I also love how blogging brings us together from so many far flung places. Hugs from Minnesota! :)

GretchenJoanna said...

I ordered mine :-) What a fun and rewarding project, and soon I'll be a beneficiary! Thank you, Mags.

Pom Pom said...

I think mine comes today! Wheeeee! Love you, dear Mags.

Pam said...

This blogger is very much looking forward to meeting you!!! And congratulations on the book.

Time stands still

 Hello! Sending you all lots of love from Northern Ireland, where nothing much changes just as everything changes, as usual. Time has stood ...