Saturday 29 October 2016

A prayer for bloggistes

I've been going to a home group in church for maybe most of a year now. I don't go every time, but Prince Charming is quite good at getting me out the door when I have no excuses left! The discussion book this term is Bold I Approach, and it is a very good study on prayer.

This week we were looking at what happens in prayer, and at one point we looked at Paul's just incredible prayers for new believers at the start of Ephesians, Philippians and Colossians. At the same time I suppose I have been thinking a lot about blogging, and looking back at the things I wrote about when I started. So, here are some of Paul's prayers for the church in Colosse, because when I think of all the strong encouragement I have received from women all over the world through this very screen, these words seem beautiful for you too x

"For this reason, since the day we heard about you, we have not stopped praying for you and asking God to fill you with the knowledge of his will through all spiritual wisdom and understanding. And we pray this in order that you may live a life worthy of the Lord and may please him in every way: bearing fruit in every good work, growing in the knowledge of God, being strengthened with all power according to his glorious might so that you may have great endurance and patience, and joyfully giving thanks to the Father, who has qualified you to share in the inheritance of the saints in the kingdom of light."

Happy last weekend in October, blog friends and saints x

7 comments:

Pom Pom said...

God be with you, good girl. I love you heaps!

ellen b said...

Good and powerful. Thank you. Blessings on you and yours...

Fat Dormouse said...

Bless you Mags. Thank you for your encouragement.

Kezzie said...

This is beautiful! And thank you!x

Thistle Cove Farm said...

Mags, I've almost stopped reading 'religious' books. I'm such a slackard, I use them to keep me from doing what they're writing about.

GretchenJoanna said...

I used to have these verses in a prayer notebook, which I don't recall seeing for ages. Before I close the blessed screen of encouragement I am going to copy the passage from your very blog post, into my current prayer notebook. Thank you, Dear Mags! XOXO

M.K. said...

I'm trying to imagine what it would be like to be a new Christian on the receiving end of that letter from Paul, how thrilling it would be, how I would go over and over each word, drinking them in, letting the meaning and the love of it seep into my mind. So different from reading them objectively in modern times. Thanks for the reminder, Mags!

Time stands still

 Hello! Sending you all lots of love from Northern Ireland, where nothing much changes just as everything changes, as usual. Time has stood ...