Sunday 19 May 2019

In "In This Life"

Pam, thank you thank you thank you! Thank you for letting a completely unknown person arrive late at your door one dark and rainy Friday night! Thank you for your tolerance of her inane excitement at being in your living room. Look, here I am in your living room! (There I go again...) It's just that I have read and loved your beautiful, poignant In This Life words for so long that I was really quite overcome at being in the same room as the train tracks and the dolls' house and the wonderfully intact glassware.


Thank you for tea and cake (and please forgive me for posting the picture of the kettle). Thank you for putting me on the right bus for the stage of my Edinburgh adventure. Thank you for your welcome and your hospitality and for your words. Thank you every post for your words, even the 'solipsistic' word. I've been looking at its definition for a full five minutes now...


Sorry that it has taken me a week and then some to thank you here! A wonderful weekend in Edinburgh is suddenly in the past. But the blessings it brought are still very much bright and lovely! Hopefully more on the rest of my weekend soon - with lots of thank yous to Sandra who may be landing back in the States anytime now.

4 comments:

Kezzie said...

Oh how wonderful! What a joyful post! You loook so happy to be there!x

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Pam said...

Oh, the pleasure was all mine! And you're not completely unknown at all - you're a bloggy friend. Oh dear, how scruffy my sitting room looks, with the cuttings in pots on the floor by the window, the curtains all anyhow and the ridiculous numbers of grandchildren's toys everywhere! Anyway, it was lovely to see you. Come again!

Pam said...

And thank you for the Irish shortbread (it was delicious) and the lovely book. I really enjoyed it too.

Time stands still

 Hello! Sending you all lots of love from Northern Ireland, where nothing much changes just as everything changes, as usual. Time has stood ...