Sunday 3 September 2017

What I did in my summer holidays

We are doing all the back-to-school things. Uniforms are ironed and hanging in the airing cupboard. Have I ever shown you a picture of my airing cupboard/hot press? It is genuinely exciting, to me. Lunches are packed and in the fridge. School bags are packed and in the hall. It is raining.

So here are a few sunny summer memories from home and away, just to remind me of blue skies! We got to the blissful middle of nowhere in France with friends, the always delightful Surrey with family, and had a wistful farewell trip with our big, blue, old, cathedral of a tent in Fermanagh.

Thank you to all you kind folk who still read and comment here, even though I've been a very absent friend for years maybe now. Working more than I did a decade ago, and having parents to look after now as well as boys, and just trying to live a life, I suppose, dictate less self-indulgence at the keyboard! I have Psalm 37 open here, and saw this in verses 25 and 26:

I was young and now I am old, yet I have never seen the righteous forsaken or their children begging bread. They are always generous and lend freely; their children will be blessed.

I'm struck by a double layer of meaning for me this weekend. Last night Prince Charming and I were delighted to get to one of Rend's Hometown Gigs. At more recent gigs of theirs that we've been to, they have promoted the work of World Vision, and we're hoping to talk to somebody soon about sponsorship. It seems to cost £26 a month, which is less than my gym membership. It would certainly be money put to better use. I must tell you someday why I joined a gym, the most boring place on earth.

Happy September!


































6 comments:

Pom Pom said...

What great photos! The boys are growing up so fast and YOU are beautiful, good crocheter!
Love love love to you, dear Mags.

M.K. said...

Is that YOU on that swing set? I tried swinging as a grown lady and found that it made me sick :( So sad. Well ... I'm wondering which of these is a photo of your airing cupboard? I've heard of them, but never seen one, and I do wonder exactly what they are and how they work.
So glad you had fun on your holiday, and sorry life is a bit packed right now. Find time for yourself! Do not be a hamster on a treadmill!

Fat Dormouse said...

Lovely to hear what you've been up to - sorry we didn't get to meet up. It would have been a logistical nightmare sorting it out, but I should have got back to you. I envy you getting to see Rend - I played their CDs a lot over the summer. I find their music so uplifting. Can you persuade them to come to France?! I hope the next term is a Good Thing for you and the boys. God bless xx

Kezzie said...

These are wonderful photos! I am so glad that you have had a lovely holiday! Life certainly is busy for you- take care of yourself!
I sponsor a little boy and he costs the same (but through Compassion in Jesus' name), it seems a great thing to do!

GretchenJoanna said...

Thank you for these beautiful images from your summer. Those pears really caught my eye - sublime pendants.

Thistle Cove Farm said...

Great photos and that Bible verse has always had special meaning...must tell you about it next time I visit...or have I already? I try not to spill the beans too much as it's intensely personal.
Hope Alan's finger is healed or headed thataway and am praying for you in your role as peanut butter...or is it jam?
The holiday memories will hold you in good stead for the rainy days to come; may you be blessed all over again.
love and prayers.

Time stands still

 Hello! Sending you all lots of love from Northern Ireland, where nothing much changes just as everything changes, as usual. Time has stood ...