Saturday 18 October 2014

Not enough thyme in the day

 It's been a busy weekend thus far. We have been finally feeling brave enough to drag the suns away from the meadow and into the Wild World.
 Last night I demanded that they all came with me to a lantern making workshop that culminated in a lantern-lit walk up Carnmoney Hill to hear a storyteller at the old well.
 Gratifyingly, on the way down the muddy, slippy, dark, dark, magical hill, Jo did say, "That was much better than I thought it would be, Mummy." Life with boys.
 Not quite sure what this shot was exactly, but it was generally me trying and failing to capture some of the soft glow of battery powered lights in the night! This is what the lanterns actually look like, scattered around the Meadowplace. I slept with mine beside me last night!
 Tonight it's pumpkin time. Pumpkin soup and pumpkin pie for lunch with some new folk from our new church tomorrow. I have discovered that I didn't bring my pot of thyme with me in the move.
 One of our sixth form study supervisors in school is running a pumpkin carving competition in his room this week. He kicked it off with a welcoming one, so we have stolen his idea for the front step. I think I'll have to give the suns free rein on the second one, but we'll try to maintain the autumnal pumpkin theme over the ghoulish invasion that's coming in fast now!




4 comments:

Pom Pom said...

How fun! I like your pumpkin! Well done! I like the color of your kitchen cabinets, too!

Gumbo Lily said...

I like the welcome pumpkin too. The lantern lighting and story telling does sound like a fun thing to do at dark.

Lisa Richards said...

Very nice carving! I love the idea of a lantern lit walk through the dark to hear stories! :)

M.K. said...

That does sounds like fun! Kids remember those kinds of times - I know I do, from my childhood. I'm fascinated by those lanterns, wondering how you keep the plastic wrap from catching fire! Wonderful post!! Have fun eating all that yummy pumpkin.

Time stands still

 Hello! Sending you all lots of love from Northern Ireland, where nothing much changes just as everything changes, as usual. Time has stood ...