1. Drive as a family of four from the northern suburbs into the centre of the city to have dinner. Wave off PC who has driven his car into town before heading after dinner to "team building" at the rugby.
2. Pay bill and head back to car. Discover that you didn't ask for the car key. Ring PC's mobile to discover that it won't connect. Ring saintly brother aka knight in shiny car. Knight in shiny car drives into centre of city from northern suburbs. 3. Drive back to strawberrys' suburb for spare car key. (Knight has had to detour via mutual parents' place for strawberry spare house key because I hadn't brought any keys.) Remember now that spare key is in the car.
4. Finally reach PC on phone. Exchange words.
5. Drive in knight's shiny car from northern suburbs back through town and out to Ravenhill on southern edge of town.
6. Retrieve keys from PC who has talked his way out of back gate of rugby and has a steward to usher him back in.
7. Drive back from all the way there to here. Wave off knight in shiny car as he gets finally from here to back up the hill.