Wednesday 30 June 2010

God, what do you call an elephant with no nose?

There is a chasm that exists between my real life and my aspirational life, portrayed in this blog. I shall attempt to bridge this chasm tonight...

Today I took my recently released children (Holidays start today! Cry freedom to the oppressed!) to a china shop to buy a birthday present. Hence the very lovely Emma Bridgewater plate, and one mother tumbling over five year old boy thankfully on her way out of said china shop and not dropping said plate.

The plate will be delivered with three tastefully decorated fairy cakes, and one cupcake iced with a musical note, nestling in a handmade-by-Niqi box. So obviously we had to measure the cupcake, although we needed not to eat it long enough for this to be accomplished.

And then we decided to do more work on our summer diaries. It was late by this stage, which perhaps accounts for the fact that during open prayer time after stories Joshua decided that God would like to hear some jokes. I do wonder if he was possibly the only person on the planet telling God a good joke, or two, or three, or.... go and sit on the top step, Joshua, and read quietly until Matthew is asleep.

The punchline, by the way, was a woodpecker!

4 comments:

Pom Pom said...

Oh, those strawberries sound delightful. I like all the activity on the table. Emma Bridgewater = gorgeous. I love it. What is the difference between a fairy cake and a cup cake?
I am enjoying Gilead VERY much!
I sent your package on Tuesday.
What are you crocheting?
Sending love and encouragement your way, friend!

Angela said...

Thanks for your comment on my blog. Glad the marking is over now you just pootle down towards the end of term and then relax. I love the Jokes For God. Yes He does have a sense of humour [see the Mayor of Leicesters Trousers Fall Down!]
Blessings xx

The Coffee Lady said...

Well done for not eating the cake.

GretchenJoanna said...

That is a darling plate. You have good ideas for birthday presents....I should look in china shops myself.

Time stands still

 Hello! Sending you all lots of love from Northern Ireland, where nothing much changes just as everything changes, as usual. Time has stood ...