Monday 15 October 2018

Just because

 This week I'm thankful just because it's October really! It might actually be my favourite month. It's my favourite month this year anyway! These sunny days don't require suncream, and it's been a warm enough season thus far not to require expensive hours of central heating!
 And yes, the first pumpkin has been bought! This one will be carved but won't last well until Hallowe'en, so I'll get to carve what I want, as opposed to what they will want!  It's a nice dilemma to have- soup or pie? You American folk will have a much wider repertoire than me. What about muffins? Are pumpkin muffins a thing, and do you have a recipe? (I keep typing pumpking! That makes me smile.)
  I am very grateful too for the patience of my resident pumpking who has endured long walks with me over the weekend, and tonight. I am trying to walk off bouts of menopause. Fresh air and outside and moving are three wonderful things. Especially with crunchy leaves, long blue skies (yesterday) and the sharp shining moon (this evening).
Also, school is starting to settle down into a bit of a manageable groove. It has taken its time! But today both of my teaching sessions achieved everything I needed them to, one boy's constant friendliness shouted across the playground was, as it always is, a huge encouragement, and our (English) department has nearly reached the end of all our room changes, so there could soon be an end to packing boxes and dust, dust, dust!

Most importantly, there are only two school weeks left to half-term! Hoorah! (901- less than a hundred to go...)

5 comments:

Pom Pom said...

Oh, the pumpkin love! There are so many outside the grocery store. If I remember I'll take a picture for you. It snowed on Sunday so we have weird looking dead flowers AND fall colors.
My favorite pumpkin baked good is pie. Our Jenny requested a pumpkin pie birthday cake (pie) at the end of the month. Yay for half term. I bet it's heavenly!

M.K. said...

Ah - look at your pretty pumpkin! Such a happy thing. I used to carve mine, but now I leave them whole to enjoy as long as they will last. Cute squirrel too!

Lisa Richards said...

I love the image of a "sharp shining moon".
Those leaves are beautiful!
Pumpkin pie is the main thing I make, but from canned pumpkin. I just use the recipe on the Libby's pumpkin can. Old family recipe. ;)
Glad things are smoothing out at school. :)

Kezzie said...

Pumpking!! Snigger! I like the idea of thinking of October as an orangey sort of month. I am not fond of October and anything that makes me feel more friendly about it is a good thing!xx

Angela said...

I love Kipper! (did I tell you that my Dad was in boy's brigade with Mick Inkpen's dad back in the 1930s?)

Time stands still

 Hello! Sending you all lots of love from Northern Ireland, where nothing much changes just as everything changes, as usual. Time has stood ...