Tuesday 21 July 2015

Working back

 I have no idea whatsoever how far to work back on my camera to find a possible starting picture for my tank top. Probably about as far back as the point where I did any regular blogging!
 It amazes me that you only have to work back to yesterday to see proof that we have experienced sunshine here in the Frozen North this summer. Certainly today it is all mythical, mystical Ireland once more.
 Yesterday I was barefoot in the garden, and had moved my chair deeper into some shade. On the table you can see the recently completed back of my attempted tank-top, and on the hook a nearly completed front. Prince Charming seems to have taken the picture. You can see how relaxed I am whilst in a state of crochet!
Alas, these balls stand testimony to too inaccurate a counting of stitches at some fatal point and are all that remain of said front panel. Working back to work forward this week! It struck me, while pulling out row after row, that the model of said tank-top looks very likes Rodin's Thinker. She too is obviously deep in thought as to just what skinny size Nicki Trench has in mind when she says 12...

12 comments:

Thistle Cove Farm said...

Weather is wonky this year, Mags. Not sure I believe in global warming when it's been so chilly. Very nice crochet and glad you had time to spend on yourself...very nice.

Elderberry-Rob said...

I like the pattern and texture on your work - hope you finish it wish speed, the colours are lovely.

Amy at love made my home said...

I hope that you get it all worked out! xx

Lisa Richards said...

Beautiful garden! Best wishes on the tank top project. I'm afraid I'm no help. ;)

Left-Handed Housewife said...

You're knitting is lovely, as is your knitting photography. Looking forward to receiving my sweater in the mail.

xofrances

M.K. said...

Oh, dear -- I hate undoing, unknitting, unpicking. Ugh. Sorry about that. But I must say that completed back looks very good -- I like the stitch, and the color combo. And it lies so nice and flat. I want to see it on you when it's finished :)
I wish I were in some frozen north somewhere. I'm so very, very weary of the heat!

Gumbo Lily said...

It looks beautiful to me. I like the photo of you in complete saturation of hook and yarn.

Pom Pom said...

Way to go, Mags! It looks good to me.
Badger is at Chel's and she's taking him to Downton Abbey. She'll probably keep him a while before sending him to Kezzie. Then he goes to Normandy. Whew!

Pam said...

It looks lovely to me too. I hope all your family are now fighting fit.

gretchenjoanna said...

Mythical, mystical, and ...misty? I so admire your patience and perseverance. It is certainly a labor of love to be an artist of the crocheting sort. :-(

Fat Dormouse said...

Hello Mags! You look very chilled out with your crocheting, even if it did all go wrong. I admire anyone who can do anything more than knit wonky blankets for stray cats (as I do). So keep it up!

Angela said...

Love the colours- very much 'you'

Time stands still

 Hello! Sending you all lots of love from Northern Ireland, where nothing much changes just as everything changes, as usual. Time has stood ...