Friday 26 March 2010

Fridays

As I have previously said, I do love Fridays! Recently, however, we have fallen into the fabulous tradition of meeting at a lovely pool, equidistant between my school and theirs where the water is warm and the cafe serves truly the best and most beautiful cupcakes I have yet seen in this Northern clime! Spot the missing piece of chocolate flake and strawberry slice and smartie...

So I was doubly inspired to buy buttermilk on the way home. The plan was to make banana bread, thus to join the Linden Grove Friday cake bake! But time was against me, and Jojo had decided that the night demanded jelly. I don't think this quite counts as a Friday cake bake, but I see myself as slipping gently into the pool. (Jojo and Mattman both enter with a great splash.)

Another blog that has been floating on the surface of my mind this week is The Philosophy of Lists. Thence came our Holiday Helper- a list of things to do each day in a tub. We can take turns to pull them out when we need something to do. The golden one says that we will tidy up our toys and it's my joker for the end of the day! Jojo resolved to produce the yellow one. I hope he's not going to wait too long before choosing it!

4 comments:

Angela said...

I love your Holiday Helper Bucket. We had a Family Fun Tin - and activities for sunny days were on green paper, and for rainy days on purple paper. Happy memories.

Anonymous said...

i need a cute bucket and colourful bits of paper to inspire me to do the things on my lists. so much more fun the lucky dip way :o)
those cupcakes have got me licking my lips and it's one of those days when there are only a few crumbs in the bottom of biscuit barrel. i must must must bake something tomoz.
thank you sooo much for your sweet comments on my blog, you are such a kind soul. i really appreciated your words when going through such a rotten sad time. am going to catch up on some more of your posts now,have got my cup of tea ready :o) xxx

Pom Pom said...

I'm thinking about a writing prompt bucket now. When I was in Australia, I bought an Australian magazine that featured some lovely cupcakes. Now I am reading this post and completely inspired to make some pretty little cakes!

Simone said...

The cafe cakes look scrumptious! Never mind that you didn't make a cake this Friday. Jelly is good too!!!

Time stands still

 Hello! Sending you all lots of love from Northern Ireland, where nothing much changes just as everything changes, as usual. Time has stood ...